We receive, review and seek to resolve complaints, to ensure that Tarion treats homeowners fairly.
We provide information and advice, and make referrals where appropriate.
We help to achieve fair resolutions to complaints, and make recommendations to promote fair treatment.
If you think Tarion has treated you unfairly, we are here to help.
Before you Submit a Complaint
There are some things you should know before submitting a complaint to our Office:
- The Ombudsperson does not replace the Statutory Warranty Process. Warranty form submissions, requests for conciliation and requests for a Decision Letter must be made to Tarion directly.
- We are a confidential office. This means our voicemail, fax and e-mail are confidential, and only accessible by our staff in the Office of the Ombudsperson.
- We are an office of last resort. Before submitting a complaint to us, you will need to give Tarion a chance to fix the problem. For complaints about specific warranty issues, contact your Warranty Services Representative or Warranty Services Coordinator. For general complaints, you can view the Tarion complaint process here.
Submit a Complaint
If you have spoken with Tarion about your concerns and are still not satisfied, there are several options available for you to contact our Office in order to submit a complaint or request additional information.
- Use our Online Complaint Form.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us toll-free at 1-877-880-3828 or in the Toronto area at 416-229-3828.
- Send us a fax at 416-229-3849
- Write to us at Ombudsperson, Tarion Warranty Corporation, 5160 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M2N 6L9.
Click here to learn more about the compliant process.