How we review a decision and provide feedback
Tarion’s Office of the Ombudsperson promotes and protects fairness at Tarion. We also aim to be accessible, responsive and accountable for our decisions and actions.
If you want us to review our decision, or you have a complaint about the Office of the Ombudsperson, you can follow the process below.
If you want us to review or amend a decision we made, you can send us an email requesting a review. We will promptly acknowledge receipt of your request and will let you know within two weeks whether we will review the decision, unless there are extenuating circumstances.
To determine if we will review a decision, we will consider if:
- The review can be conducted by a senior officer not involved in the original complaint
- The matter falls within the jurisdiction of the Office
- There is new evidence available
- The administrative processes that contributed to the initial complaint have been rectified
- The complaint relates to unresolved systemic issues
- Any practical outcome can be achieved for the complainant due to the passage of time
- It is an efficient and effective use of resources
If we determine that it is not appropriate to review the decision, we will provide you with reasons for this determination.
We welcome feedback that will help us to continue to improve the service we provide. No reprisal action will result from submitting a complaint.
You can submit a complaint about an Ombudsperson staff member’s conduct or about how we handled a matter. This could include rudeness, delay, inaccurate information, bias, or conflict of interest, among others.
If you have a complaint about a staff member, try to discuss it with them first. For more serious complaints you can contact the Ombudsperson directly and she will perform an internal review to determine if the complaint is founded.
We will acknowledge complaints within two business days and will strive to resolve them within two weeks, unless there are extenuating circumstances.
Submit a complaint by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-877-982-7466 and asking for the Ombudsperson.